I'm free!!!

 THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU for your prayers.  As of 11 a.m. today, I am through quarantine and free!

We had the option of 2 places to go to get the 2nd COVID-19 test done.  I chose NOT to go to the Khmer-Russian Hospital because I figured it would be more crowded and I also heard that one of the people giving the test was a sadist.  I had not been to the Chak Ang Re Clinic before so this was a new place. 

This is the area in front of the hospital building.  I drove our motorcycle, arrived at 8:40 a.m., filled out my paperwork and then, sat under the tree and waited.  There were about 8 "workers" sitting there taking the paperwork, but they weren't in a hurry to get the process started.
Here are a few of the others waiting with me.  There were about 7 people in front of me.  We ended up waiting until 10:40 a.m. before they started calling names.  I will say that they man administering my test was checking for something between my eye evidently, since he put that stick so far up my nose.  He just kept saying "Don't move.  Don't move."  It was (thankfully) a small Qtip on the long stick, so it didn't hurt as much as it was uncomfortable.

They said to wait 48 hours and if I didn't hear from them, I was free. 

Today at noon, Rich and I went to get back the rest of the deposit that I had to give when I arrived ($3,000).  They were faithful in charging only what they had said they would.  I was able to get $2,775 back. As I am now a free person,  I have already been to 2 grocery stores!

Rich is currently teaching a class on Sermon Prep.  Tomorrow they start to deliver their talks.  Rich will be listening to the boys and I will listen to the girls.  Please keep all of our students in your prayers as they learn and study about God and His Word.  Please pray that they put God in their hearts, not just information in their heads.

As far as COVID-19 is concerned, Cambodia is operating pretty much like normal.  Maybe there are a few more masks being worn, but the Khmers wear masks when they are sick, have a cold or cough, or many time when riding a motorcycle because of the pollution.  Therefore, there really isn't much change.  I think I was the only customer in the grocery store wearing a mask other than they employees.

I just want to mention again how important you all are to us.  We could not be here, getting to do this work, if it wasn't for you.  This is your work; we just get to be your feet on the ground.  You are vital to us.  We REALLY hope you understand that. 

Much love to you all!
Ronda Dolan

Comments

Unknown said…
Hello everyone,
My name is Mrs Shinta Angga, I live in Sihanoukville here in Cambodia and i am a happy woman today and i've decided to share my testimony here, i was in need of a loan to carry out a construction project and a friend introduced me to GANNETT INTERNATIONAL FINANCE LLP indeed they delivered as they promised, And not only did i complete the project i also had the advantage of an incredible opportunity to relocate and expand my business, at a pivotal time. The support I received from "Gannett International Finance LLP" staff was priceless." - Nancy Bosben,
If you are in need of a loan or financing, don’t hesitate to contact them through
WhatsApp: +447449373835 or
E-mail: - loans@gannettfinancellp.com
"Thank you (Gannett International Finance LLP) for having faith in us to get us started!"
Unknown said…
Dear Ronda and Rich,

I enjoyed reading your last blog! I miss you guys. I am sorry I missed seeing you while you were in the States. Of course, I understand why I could not see you! :) It is such an unusual time.
I found it interesting that all these activities that we can be so involved in can suddenly be stopped and times of reflection can replace the "busy-ness" in our lives. I hope and pray that this time that we have been "forced" to stop and for many who had to be somewhat "still" took this time to reflect on their relationship and need for God and our Redeemer, Jesus Christ.
Thanks for the update and explaining about your trip to and from the US. That was so interesting... So should i assume that you drove yourself by motorcycle to the hospital for the test? :) Did Rich go with you? Somehow it is easy for me to see you riding a motorcycle by yourself to get the testing done. :) LOL ! I know in part where Randal gets some of his love for adventure! :)k
I pray for you and Rich everyday. I am so thankful that you are there being our feet on the ground. :) I am always so grateful for your ability to learn the Khymer (sp) language and not only speak it but read it & teach in this language as well.
Thank you for letting me (and others) know how they are handling the virus in your part of the world. I have been concerned for your safety since this pandemic hit.
Please know that i (& Keith) love you guys so much!!! I miss you and you are in my daily prayers. love, Cynthia Walvoord

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!