We are free!

I'm sorry that I haven't written.  I'm been so busy trying to get everything lined up for our US trip that I totally forgot to blog.

We are now free to move about the city!!  Most of Phnom Penh is now in "Yellow Zone" meaning that we can pretty much go back to normal.  Still no dine in places and we still have to wear masks or shields outside of the house, but we can otherwise do like normal.

These first 2 pictures I took from our roof.  Rain!!!  Let me tell you, after several months of hot, dry season, the rains are exciting!  It is still very hot (currently the heat index is 110 F and the humidity is about 60%) but at least we get a "cooling off" occasionally.


The neighborhood markets are still not open.  I put up some pictures on our last blog of the sellers, but here are some more.

I hope you can see the slabs of pork on the back on the motorcycle and then the pig legs handing off the next cart.  I woke up one morning to fish all across the from of our gate (and yes, they were gutting and descaling them there) and then the next block was more fish, pork and chicken.  

Most of the sellers still out on the street are vegetable sellers.  Although the market isn't supposed to be open yet, I passed there today and it was packed with people!


 This is a tree at a high school.  I took this picture because i think this is one of the most beautiful trees when it is in bloom.  However, the rest of the year, it is truly ugly.  But, they are blooming now and I enjoy them.

Rich is currently teaching Psalms at CBI.  He will do half of Psalms before making the trip to the US.

As for our US schedule, what we are looking at now is:

I leave Tues, May 25th for Virginia.  Rich will leave on June 6th.  We will be in Virginia until June 18th.

Then we will make our way to Plano, TX and from there Midland and Houston.  

July 8th, we'll drive to Broken Arrow.  July 14th, drive to Batesville, Ark. July 16th to Kansas City. July 24th back to Broken Arrow and then on the 25th or 26th we will make our way back to Plano, TX and fly out on July 28th.  Rich will be flying back to Phnom Penh and I will be going to Bangkok to meet with doctors there and have additional tests done.

We appreciate your prayers for our travels, for the school and church here while we are gone, and for my appointments in Thailand.  We are so looking forward to seeing our sweet family and wonderful friends.  

Much love,

Ronda

Comments

Victor York said…
Been thinking about you guys a lot lately. Praying for you Ronda on your diagnosis and of course always for your mission. Love you guys and hope to see you when you are here.
Anonymous said…
I'm praying for your meeting with the doctors and hope to see you all soon. Love Cynthia (& Keith) :) .
Unknown said…
Praying for y'all. Looking forward to seeing you in Batesville.
Darla Coghill said…
Happy you are able to spend time with your family. If you travel through Yukon OK on I40, we are about 20 minutes to the north if you need anything. God be with you!

Darla

Popular posts from this blog

Our 40th anniversary trip

Loren Hollingsworth

16 years!!!