Quarantine #1

 Rich is home, in Phnom Penh, and just finished his class on Psalms at the school.  Today, he started a class on Sermon Preparation.  

The first week of October is the Pchum Ben holiday and school will be out for that week.  Please pray for our students as they are on the roads and at home; that they might be a glory to God and show guide many people toward the Lord.

So far, even though Thailand and Vietnam are relaxing some of their restriction, Cambodia hasn't followed suit.  

Most of you know that I am in Bangkok, Thailand in order to see the doctor.  There is a mandatory quarantine of 15 days here.  I am on day #12.  Downhill slide!  Actually, I keep thinking that this must be what rich people do - just sit around and call for people to deliver things to you.  😀

I am getting a bit bored, but it really isn't too bad.  My floor space is 15 steps, including the bathroom.  I laughed thinking that if a person was very large, that they would have trouble getting in and out of the shower.  But, the shower has hot water and good pressure, the bed is comfortable and I have a full length window to see out.  I'll take those over floor space any day.  I can jog/walk in place.

I should be able to leave on Friday morning.  I have my 3rd and last Covid test today.  My first appointment with the doctor is on Sunday morning.  

Please keep Rich in your prayers as he is having to take care of his classes and teaching as well as doing the things that I usually do.  Thank you for your prayers for me and my medical situation.  I am looking forward to knowing more clearly what I am going to be dealing with.  

This is the view out my window.  I have to admit that I am a bit envious of those people walking down the street!  

Much love,
Ronda


I, Rich,  am adding some.  The things you have to cope with after being gone. The first picture is our gate, waiting for the repair man to come replace our truck battery. It died while we were gone.

The second pic is our license plate. The repairman had to know it before seeing if he could come fix our truck. Since I was teaching at the time, I had to get it later.


The 3rd picture is a copy of my (new) driver's license receipt. Since my USA license expired in July of 2020, Cambodia would not let me renew my license here in 2020.  I didn't drive here for a year.  To renew here required 2-3 trips to various government agencies.  Finally, with my new USA license and a new copy of my residency (which required the names and ages of my parents), I finally have a new Camobidan Driver's license.  



Comments

Erika Jouret said…
Dear Ronda, good luck with your medical appointments. Praying for a positive outcome.
Erika

Popular posts from this blog

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!

Full end of August and start of September