Quick Update

 For those of you who don't already know, Rich and I were supposed to fly back to Asia on July 28th.  However, we both got Covid and therefore couldn't fly.

On Wednesday, August 11th, Rich was able to fly to Cambodia.  He is in quarantine for 15 days. As I was writing this, he called me on Messenger and said that he just got his Covid test done (it is Thursday morning there).  He will get the results on Friday or Saturday and, provided it is negative, he will be able to go home.  He is TIRED of being in one room 24/7.

We had been told that some people test positive for up to 3 months after having Covid.  Due to my other medical issues, we figured that it would take me longer to get a negative result.  However, we both received negative results on the rapid test on August 4th.  I am going to Thailand to see the doctor and their requirements to get into the country are more detailed (and take longer to complete before traveling), so I planned to fly out on August 25th.

However, on Tuesday (24th), when I went to get my Covid test to let me fly, it came back positive.  I was in shock!  So, quickly, I had to change my flights, contact the quarantine hotel in Thailand and change dates there as well.  I am going to try to fly out on September 8th.  

Please keep Rich in your prayers as he gets back to the students and teaching, as well as serving the church.  Also, please pray that I can get a negative covid result and be able to fly out soon.

We enjoyed our visit.  Seeing our family and friends is always a great encouragement.  But we are both ready to get home and back to work.

Love you all!

Ronda

Comments

Unknown said…
So sorry to hear of all your struggles. It’s a terrible time right now. Prayers for a negative test. 🙏🙏🙏
JamesG3 said…
Praying for your travel, and for Rich's work at CBI. This week is 10 years since my first trip, and I sure have missed getting to come and teach this round. Prayer for all the CBI students and grads!

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!