Fun in the flooded streets

 Everytime I start a blog and look to see when I posted last, I can't believe it has been so long.  Time really does fly!!

I thought I would share my Monday afternoon with you.  I had to go to our area commune chief's building in order to get a verification that I were living at our address.  I had to have this to get a new driver's license.  

I decided to walk over there (about a kilometer).  I got my paper with no problems. After that, I was going to walk to the store and then back home.  However, I started walking to the store and it started pouring rain with high winds.  Very hard and very fast.  I ducked into an apartment building to wait out the rain.

After an hour, I decided that it wasn't going to stop and I would just call a PassApp tuktuk (like using Uber).  But after 5 drivers declined, I realized that no one was going to drive in this.  I decided to walk home.

Immediately, I found out why no drivers came.  The water started out just under my knees. It was still raining, but not as hard and the wind has died down. As I walked, I passed a lot of people pushing their motorcycles or bicycles.  After a few minutes, I came upon a woman who was pushing her motorcycle.  As she was going the same direction as I was, I asked if I could help her, so I pushed from the back.  The water got deeper.  For most of the time, it was somewhere between my knees and my rump.  Being that I am quite a bit taller than most of the Khmers, it was really deep for them!  You should have seen the little school girls trying to push their bicycles home.  Of course, the boys were out swimming in the water in the street and having a great time!!  One even swam under the water and grabbed my ankle.  

It was about a kilometer back to her turnoff and then another half kilometer to our house.  I was probably 20 yards from the house before the water wasn't deep in the street.  By the time I got home, I was soaked and tired.  

When the end of the hot dry season comes in April and May, we will be glad for these soaking rains we are having now.

At CBI, there are 2 classes going on.  Rich is teaching the first half of Psalms to 11 of our students.  Since so many of our students went home during the Covid lockdowns, Rich taught the 6 students who were at the school.  Then they were all back for the 2nd half of Psalms, just before our US trip.  So now, Rich is catching up the 11 that were in their villages during that time.

Khemrin is teaching Daniel to the 6 students that had stayed at CBI the entire time.  

Please keep Rich and Khemrin in your prayers as they teach.  And keep our sweet students in your prayers.  That their hearts and minds may be open and receive God's Word and allow it to change their lives.

(Sorry.  No pictures.  I couldn't figure out how to get my phone out while I was walking in the rain and water and push the moto.  Just use your imagination.  Ha!  And, of course, the next day I go to get my new driver's license and they tell me that if my license hasn't been expired more than a year and if I haven't moved, I don't need that address verification paper anymore.  So I didn't even need to go to the commune chief!  Oh, brother!  Their rules change all the time.)

Much love,

Ronda

Comments

Lori Gillin said…
Glad you made it home safely in the rain! Thanks for the updated and prayers for your work.
Mosbys said…
Wow! You are brave. Glad you made it back safely. Love you guys, Emma

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!