New brother and sister

I know it has been SO LONG since I blogged.  But, with the holidays, I figured that you all were as busy as we were, so I decided to wait until the New Year.  So, I will be sending a blog a week for a few weeks to get you all caught up.


I had thought that I posted this one already though.  I am truly sorry that you haven't been able to pray for these 2 new souls for the last couple months, since I didn't tell you.  

But shortly after we got back from our nation wide church camp, Phalim (the boy in red) and Teang ( the girl) decided that they wanted to live their lives for Jesus.  

This is Teang and Khemrin getting ready for her baptism.  Teang comes from the province of Battambang.  She came to know Jesus and about CBI school through Sokun and Soklee, our graduates who work in her village.  


Khemrin talking with Teang before her baptism to make sure she understands what this will mean in her life.  He asked her if she needed to contact her parents first and she told him that although she honors and respects her parents, that she is old enough and this is her decision.  
Phalim is also from Battambang province.  His sister, Sophanmai, is also one of our students and is about to finish her studies.  Their father is a denominational preacher, so they had some knowledge of the Bible when they came to CBI.


Do you like our baptistry?  It is convenient.  Thankfully, the Khmers are typically small people and they can fit down into the large "trash" can.  
Khemrin, Phalim and Rich.  Phalim is a good student.  He is just beginning his 2nd year at CBI.  
November 19th, we had a birthday party at CBI for the students whose birthdays were in November.  I walked out to the main street and bought chickens to go along with our ice cream.  

I thought you might like to see how the chickens are cooked.  I like the ones on the left and up in the middle that are whole chickens.


 Come on over and we will buy some for you!

We hope that you all are doing well and 2023 has started off great.  

Stay tuned (do they still say that on TV?) for my next post. 

Much love,

Ronda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!