Pchum Benh Holiday
It has been awhile since I blogged. Sorry! To us, it seems we do the same thing all the time, so nothing exciting to blog about.
Tomorrow is the last day at CBI before the Pchum Benh Holiday. Pchum Benh is one of the major holidays here (I would compare it to our Christmas). Most people go back to their villages and spend 3-7 days with their families.
Rich will give his final in Daniel to our older students tomorrow, while Khemrin will give the final in I and II Thessalonians. James Glasscock will be here after the holiday and being teaching the Letters of John on October 20th. He will be here teaching until November 5th. Rich will then teach all the students the book of Philippians before we make our way to the US.
They have a graduation party for those who have completed their college course work. This year, they had 7 graduates. They asked Rich to give the talk during the graduation party.
This is the whole group. The families of the graduates come as well as some who graduated in the past.
I am so used to Rich preaching or teaching at one of the two congregations, that I forget to take pictures. Every now and then, he will get a Sunday that he isn't teaching or preaching at one of the two places. And of course, he teaches every weekday at CBI.
This is some of them, sitting behind us before church services started this past Sunday morning.
I had my phone out to check something and Rich noticed that immediately, they all posed. So I went ahead and too a selfy.
I really wish you all could take turns coming and meeting our students. Please keep them in your prayers as they knowledge of God and His Word grows, that they faith might grow and they will be able to stand strong.
Especially, please keep them in your prayers as they go home during this holiday. About half of the holiday is Buddhist, with visits to the temple, etc. Pray that they will stand strong in the Lord.
We still haven't gotten everything figured out for our US trip. I'll let you know.
Much love,
Ronda Dolan




Comments