Tomorrow is Royal Plowing Day!

First, let me say thank you so much for all the prayers on my behalf.  My arthroscopic knee surgeries went well and I am getting along well.
I went to Thailand for the surgery as they have good medical care there (not so in Cambodia).  Of course, while in Thailand, you might as well enjoy the things they have that we don't.  That would include hazelnut macchiato and cinnamon roll from Starbucks.  
Trying to time things so that I had the Khmer New Year to recuperate at home with Rich's help, my sister, Julie, came with me.  So, we did manage to hop some buses, eat some sticky rice and pork satay as well as sweet sticky rice and mangoes.
What you can't tell in this picture is that after our sticky rice and pork satay, we ate ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery (we managed that a couple times!).  This was before my surgeries, while I was mobile.
 This is a picture in the hospital of my ice packed knees!  Several of the Thai Christians came to check on me in the hospital and also helped me get settled in at the church building for a few days after surgery.  I love to have the opportunity to see and worship with the Christians there.

It has now been 4 1/2 weeks since the surgeries.  My left knee is doing great.  My right knee, with the bone spur, is taking longer but gets a little more flexible every day.

Tomorrow is Royal Plowing Day.  Royal Plowing Day marks the start of the planting season and thus, the end of hot dry season.  We are REALLY ready to have the hot dry season over!  As I explained last year, depending on what the Royal Ox eat during the ceremony tomorrow (they have 7 choices), that supposedly predicts what type of harvest and weather we will have for the following year.

April is always the hottest month of the year.  Very direct sunlight and no breeze with temperatures over 100 F every day. (For example, at 10am this morning, the heat index was 111 F, while I was hanging up clothes) There are several provinces that are having trouble since the water has all dried up.

This is also the time of the year that, if we use too much electricity in the city, they just shut off electricity to parts of the city.  We have had it shut off 3 times in the last week.  Really hot!!

So, prayers of thanks for my knees healing (sure does make you praise God for the wonders of our bodies!).

Prayers for our sweet students, who are currently studying John and I & II Thessalonians.  That they will really learn and put God's Word in their hearts.

Prayers for rain and for this country, as their political situation is not good.  (Sound familiar?)

Know that you are in our hearts and prayers.
Ronda 

Comments

Unknown said…
So glad you are doing better! At least, with the heat, you aren't going to go outside and overdo it. See you soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!