How are all of you?

I am writing from Richmond, Virginia.   After much talking, thinking, praying, looking at pros and cons, we decided that I would come back to the US.  Our kids were concerned, especially with my cancer a year ago, about the healthcare in Cambodia for this virus.

We do have a good hospital that is a branch from Bangkok Hospital in Thailand, but we confirmed with the hospital that the government is not allowing them to do testing or receive patients from this virus.  Everyone in Phnom Penh has to go to the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital.  I told you before that this really isn't a place we want to be. Thailand has basically closed off its borders so going there isn't available.

I flew out of Phnom Penh on Monday night, flying through Korea, Atlanta and then to Richmond.  My flight from Phnom Penh to Seoul was pretty full.  Probably 2 people for every 3 seats.  The next 2 flights weren't full.  It was a bit strange to go from Asia, where most of the people are wearing masks to Atlanta, where maybe 1 out of 5 were wearing masks. 

Reuben's in-laws, Steve and Violet Schad have a condo here.  They live in Portland, Oregon and won't be coming anytime soon, so they let me come stay for however long I need it. I am so grateful for their generosity.  Reuben and Emily stocked me up with food before I got here and left a car for me at the airport.  I have just finished my 2nd day of isolation.  It's hard being this close to Reuben and his family and not getting to hug on them.  But we are finding ways for me to see them without being close. 

I talked to Rich today and he is doing well.  Keep him in your prayers.  The Khmer New Year is next week and the government just put a travel ban out that went into effect at 9pm on Thursday, right before most people usually leave the city and go back to their village for a week.  We will see how that goes.  They mentioned using police and soldiers to enforce the ban.

Please also keep the Christians and our students in your prayers.  Pray that they will stand strong and be God's shining light to their families.  Stay safe.

Much love,
Ronda


Comments

Elaine L. said…
So glad you got to come back even if it's just for a short time. Thankful you made it here safely. Understand about not being able to see your kids. I have been keeping my distance from the grandkids. Hasn't been easy. Really miss seeing them face to face. Pray everything goes well for you and Rich. Elaine L.
Unknown said…
So glad to hear you’re in a safer situation. Sorry you can’t see family yet. I hate that. Can’t see my grandkids or 2 great grand babies. Hopefully it will be better soon. Stay safe. Patty
Marva said…
We will praying for you all during these uncertain times we are all dealing. So thankful for your safe travels. Keep us pisted and know we live you guys. Prayers and more prayers��
Love,
Marva and David Branstetter
Unknown said…
Have been praying for you and will be praying for you. So glad you are back safely. Love y'all so much. Always happy to get to see your blogs.
Jesse and Lynne Whitmire

Unknown said…
Hello everyone,
My name is Mrs Shinta Angga, I live in Sihanoukville here in Cambodia and i am a happy woman today and i've decided to share my testimony here, i was in need of a loan to carry out a construction project and a friend introduced me to GANNETT INTERNATIONAL FINANCE LLP indeed they delivered as they promised, And not only did i complete the project i also had the advantage of an incredible opportunity to relocate and expand my business, at a pivotal time. The support I received from "Gannett International Finance LLP" staff was priceless." - Nancy Bosben,
If you are in need of a loan or financing, don’t hesitate to contact them through
WhatsApp: +447449373835 or
E-mail: - loans@gannettfinancellp.com
"Thank you (Gannett International Finance LLP) for having faith in us to get us started!"

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!