Woohoo!!! A new brother!

We had a poor start to our Monday, August 3rd.  When Rich got up, he decided to cook some eggs for breakfast...we were out of cooking gas.  So he had cereal instead (which is WAY more delicious!)

Then on our short walk to school, right before we got there, a man on a motorcycle tried to steal my Bible.  Rich was walking on the outside and I was in the inside.  The man, dressed in all black with black helmet, came up slowly and squeezed between me and the wall and pulled at the top of my Bible that I was carrying in front of me.  Thankfully, I had a good grip and he didn't get it. (If I thought he would have read it, I'd let him have it.  But since it would have probably ended up on the side of the road, it is far more valuable to me.)  
My Bible was in a Bible cover so he wouldn't have known that it was a book and I didn't have any money.

BUT, Monday got so much better when Sonah (pronounced Soknah) decided he wanted to be baptized.  He has been asking great questions for awhile, so we knew he was really thinking it over.

So we all went to the BEST Center, where the tank is and got to witness this old Sonah being buried.







And this new Sonah being raised up!!!!
We rejoice with his decision.  Please keep Sonah in your prayers as he begins his spiritual walk.  Pray that he faith might grow and that he would give his heart and life totally to God.  

*On another note, I called the post office twice and was told that the mail was now running.  I wrote birthday postcards, walked up to the post office only to be told that, no, regular mail was not running yet.  Only Express Mail, for a large fee, is going once a week.  Sorry!  I'll keep checking.

Much love,
Ronda Dolan

Comments

Mosbys said…
So thankful for the blessing of a new brother. Sorry your morning did not go well but thankful the day got better.

Richard and Emma
Unknown said…
Fabulous news about our new brother! Praying for his walk with God. :)
Unknown said…
Welcome brother Sonah. Ronda thank you for the birthday card. I hope you are both doing well, I think of you often. Rich, I have started a weekly podcast called Sermons from the Church of Christ. It basically serves as a hub for listening to different sermons from different ministers and brothers preaching the Word of God. You have some sermons on YouTube and I was wondering if I could put some of those on the podcast? My email address is clevengc@nsuok.edu. Here are some links that the podcast can be accessed...Please email me to let me know. I will also email you some links where it can be accessed.
Love,
Chris Clevenger
Unknown said…
Please give my new brother in Christ, Sonah, a big welcome into God's Family of believers from me! I am so happy to have a new brother in Christ! :) This is always fantastic news to see a new believer commit their life to Christ Jesus! May God bless him with much joy as he starts and continues his walk with Him. :) Ronda - i am glad you did not get your Bible stolen! My Bible has so many notes from so many lessons and i often just look back over these notes (in the back of my Bible). It also has notes from sermons and thoughts in the sides of the verses. Maybe you guys just need to have a couple of chickens in your backyard (?) so Rich can have fresh eggs everyday...I think of Mrs. Nuygen and her chickens and how she provide food for her family & income...love you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!