4 Week Anniversary

Well, we've been in Cambodia for 4 weeks now. In some ways, it's gone by quickly. In other ways, it seems like forever since we flew out of L.A. My days have centered around teaching at the Bible Institute (we have student led chapel at 8:30 and then I teach from 9a.m. to noon each day), language class (we leave at 1:30 p.m. and get back about 4:30 p.m.) and then studying for both of those.

Here are some of the things you wouldn't think about. Rebekah had to go to the University across town yesterday to have a "proctor" watch her take a College Algebra test. Yesterday and today, Ronda spent several hours trying to open a bank account. Required were a copy of our house lease, her passport, her drivers' license and a credit card. Once she had all that with her, it still would not work because the lease is in my name. I had to go with her (at lunch time) with my passport, drivers' liscense, etc... Then, I had to write out (with my own words) and sign a statement that she was living at the same address I was. Those of you who know me must know what smart aleck thoughts and ideas passed through my mind. Finally, we got it done.

For 3 days, we've been trying to get Air conditioning in the classroom at CBI. Today, we thought we had it going. (These are two small units, somewhat like many motels may have.) But, one of the units did not blow cool air. The other was leaking some. It will be a blessing to have A/C. I just wanted you to know that things work different here.

Rich

Comments

wildcat said…
Red tape must stretch around the world. Wow! It seems like you are making good progress though. Hang in there and remember we are praying for you. Sending you an ariticle that appeared in the paper today. Bob and Carol

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!