Election Day

I really am trying to stay on top of this and blog more often. It seems like I just blogged and it has nearly been a week already. I guess time does fly when you are having fun.
Elections here were Sunday(27th). The city was pretty quiet as most people don't change their registration to the city when they move, so they all have to go back to their villages to vote.
There were some problems in one of the cities, but Phnom Penh was quiet; police were out in force. Friday night, Rich and I went to eat near one of the main parks and there were people everywhere. Lots of police there along with truckloads of campaigners. I did get some pictures of some of the trucks...and yes, they are still in the camera, so they'll come later. Anyway, it was loud. But at midnight it got quiet. The newspaper said that they could campaign until midnight on Friday but not after that, so Saturday and Sunday were quiet.
So, we have a nice calm week this week - we still have language school every day though - and most of the next. Then CBI starts the fall semester and all the students will be back and teachers start coming in. I am anxious for the students to get back; I miss them. I also miss chapel every weekday morning. It's such a good way to start the day.
Know we think of you often. Love Ronda

Comments

Unknown said…
Love keeping up with your blog, think of you guys often,

Much Love from OKC!!

Ryan and Heather

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!