April and May Happenings

 I am constantly amazed at how much time has passed since I last blogged.  I'm sorry that I am not more consistent.

At the school, Rich is currently teaching the older student a course on Biblical Interpretations.  Khemrin is teaching the newer student Old Testament History I.  We did just get a new student last week, making a total of 20 students. 

Due to my parents not being able, due to covid restrictions, to travel over to our side of the world for a second year, Rich very kindly suggested that I go visit them in Alaska.  So in April, I got to spend 2 weeks with them.  Did you know that Alaska is COLD!!!  Especially since here in Cambodia, we are in our hottest time of the year.  I had a great time!  

I got home on Tuesday, May 3rd and Reuben came on Thursday, May 5th!!!  He came for Mother's Day.  How great is that!!!  We was only here a week, but we so appreciate Emily and the kids letting him be gone.  It was wonderful. (And no, I didn't get any pictures.  I was just enjoying too much to think about it.)

Saturday was the king's birthday.  We took today, Monday, off from school for that holiday.  Then on Thursday, we have Royal Ploughing Day.  Royal Ploughing Day is the official end of the hot dry season and the beginning of the rainy season, so therefore, planting begins.

We have not finalized our plans for our US trip yet.  Most likely it will be July.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and your love for the Khmer people.  Please keep our students in your prayers - that they might put God's Word in their heart and grow in their knowledge and faith.  Also, pray for the Christians here.  Please pray that their faith grows and that they are able to stand strong in the Lord.

Much love,

Ronda Dolan

Comments

Julie Goin said…
Thanks for sharing with us! I keep y’all in my prayers.
Julie Goin
Unknown said…
thanks for keeping us updated on the students and the school. So glad you got to go see your parents in Alaska!
any updates on your medical tests?
Mosbys said…
It was good to hear from you. We appreciate all you do to serve God and teach His Word.

Also so glad you were able to go see your parents.

Looking forward to when we can see you face to face.

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!