Khmer New Year - Part I

For part of Khmer New Year, we traveled NW from Phnom Penh to a village named Maung Russey, just out of Battambong. We stayed the first night with Tawn's older brother and his family (2nd picture). They were so very kind and so worried that their home, food, bathroom, etc. wouldn't be good enough for us. They were wonderful! This is a picture of their home. We sat and talked and ate under the house and the bedrooms are up the stairs. This house is really quite large and Rich and I got a room to ourselves, as well as a bed. Normally everyone sleeps on the floor. The only bathroom was a squat pot outhouse, but it was clean. They fixed tons of food that was delicious.
One of the best parts is when they went to the
pond to go catch fish for dinner, we were told that we could swim. Well, I waited until they asked if I wanted to a couple times and then in the water I went! This pond was deep! Not only could I not touch, I tried to find the bottom and didn't ever hit it.
The last picture is of them working to get all the tangles out of the net before they threw it in the water.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and promised to return and stay longer next time. Ronda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!