Another look at the market

When we first got to Cambodia, I asked Tawn what was in the neighborhood market, meaning was it just food or was there other things.  He told me that it has everything that a KHMER would need, emphasizing the work 'Khmer'.   Well, this is the market that I go to for our fruit and vegetables.  As you can see, I can also get any number of things:  mushrooms, coffee, ovaltine, sauces for cooking, candles, sugar, plastic bags, crackers, etc.
The market is covered, somewhat, but there are gaps in the ceiling allowing in the sunshine.  Of course, that also let in the rain.  So now, during rainy season, it is a muddy mess walking through the market. Here they are selling pineapples and pomeloes (I think that is what they are in English).  Of course, the fruit and vegetables here are wonderful!  One of the great benefits to living in the tropics.
Also, in the market, you can buy all kinds of meat.  I have shown a picture of beef and pork hanging.  Here is a table of chickens.  Compared to the chicken in the US, our chickens are anorexic.
 Also, there's river fish and crabs for sale.

Come and visit and I'll take you through the market!
Ronda

Comments

Brent said…
This looks beautiful! I'm sure the fruits are amazing.

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!