Duck feet and Women's night

 Something that we are seeing a lot of in the evening along the street are these big bowls of duck feet.  These are just a couple of the big bowls at one shop; there were several more bowls adjacent to these. 

I haven't asked but it looks like they are marinated and then steamed.  Just piles and piles of duck feet.

Obviously, they seem to enjoy them.  They eat the chicken feet as well.  When I have asked what exactly they eat on them (since there isn't much meat), they just tell me that you just kind of chew on them and that they are really good. 
 On Monday night, we had another Women's Night at our house.  We had a small turnout, mostly due to poor timing.  The universities here all go on different schedules and some of those girls have already taken their final exams and have gone back to their villages, while others have exams next week so this week of crucial time for them to be in class and review. 

But we had a good time.  I decided to do something that we had done with the teens in Broken Arrow.  I tired their wrists together and they had to eat that way. Then we made the comparisons to our lives as Christian women.  We had some good discussion on how we are tied together in Christ and how we need to be helping each other and relying on each other when we have needs.

 Although the turn out was small, I think everyone had a good time and was encouraged being there.

 A funny story about living in Cambodia.

I go to the post office every week to mail postcards and check our box and my sister's box.  In the 12 years that we have lived here, we had gotten new boxes once (you can see the new boxes in the front and the older ones behind), but they have moved them about 4 times all over the post office building. 

Last week, I went to check the boxes and a lady tells me that they aren't using these boxes anymore; there are new ones in another building and I need to go get the new keys.









After getting the new keys, the lady shows me where the new boxes are located.   They are in the next building, on the 2nd floor and here is what the new boxes look like.  (We are box 1034)

I have to say that I am sorry to see our old boxes go away.  Kind of makes me sad how much things have changed and are changing. 

What surprised me was that in my sister's box was 3 months of notices that she needed to pay for another year.  How was she to get them since we didn't even know that we had new boxes??  So these boxes have been used for 3 months and I didn't know it.  No one said anything until last week.  We had mail that has been sitting there for awhile.  I asked them how I was supposed to know that there were new boxes...I didn't get much of a response.  They just smiled at me. 



Rich is now teaching Romans at the school.  On Friday, we will fly over to Thailand to teach in a Family Retreat that one of the congregations in Bangkok hosts.  The Thais have a holiday on Monday, so we will be there Saturday through Monday.  We taught last year, so I guess we did a decent job since we were invited back again. 
Please keep us in your prayers, that we might speak the words that God would have us to speak. 

Much love,
Ronda


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!

Full end of August and start of September