Thailand trip

A bit of a story.  When my sister, Julie and I went to Thailand the first week of December, they determined that I had cataracts in both eyes.  However, I needed another procedure done first so I put the cataract surgery off.

Julie, however, has bad sight and it was determined that most likely, cataract surgery could help her vision.  But she has lasik surgery before and that can affect the results.

This was her one month check up.  Since she isn't seeing well, long distance, I went with her.  We didn't know if she would need additional surgery or what.  

(By the way, this is Bangkok traffic.  We were glad we were walking!)

She ended up getting contacts for her long distance vision as the new lenses were in place and all was right with them.

Since I am already back in Thailand, I met with the doctor again.  One of the downsides of living in a tropical country is that for many things, you have to be careful not to sweat and get incisions and wounds infected.  

I had planned to have the cataract surgery in March or April.  But that is our hot season (which means REALLY HOT!).  As our house isn't air conditioned, there is no way that I could not sweat for at least 2 weeks.

This is the cool season, so I decided to go ahead.  

On January 10th, I had cataract surgery in both eyes.  I have pictures, but they most certainly are not going to be posted here!  But all went well and my eyes are doing great!

This is a picture of the canal in Bangkok.  We decided to walk down the canal walkway back to the church building where we stay.

Flowers on the canal.  They have really worked to clean out the canal and beautify it.  


In case you were concerned about the level of health I received, Bumrungrad Hospital is one of Newsweeks best hospitals worldwide.  I guess that makes my hospital better than yours!  :)


This is a few of the very special sweet Christians in Bangkok at the Soi Somprasong 4 congregation.  They always prepare a room for us to stay and check on us to make sure we are doing well.

And usually, we get in at least one meal together.  I can't wait until we all get to heaven and you get to meet the sweet brother and sisters on this side of the world!


Of course, it is close to Chinese New Years so you have your smoke and dragons.  I did take a video but I can't get the videos to load on the blogs.
Also the drums that follow.  We did see the end of a Chinese reenactment in front of one of the markets.
In front of one of the malls that is near the church building, they always have a huge display outside.

A month ago, it was Christmas scenes with lots of places to take selfies and pictures (which they love!!!)

Now, it is a huge dinosaur park.  The dinosaurs move and make sounds.  Kids are free to get in but the adults are 200 baht (about $6).  It is open in the evenings and at night.

Just for fun, I thought I would show you what I found at the store.  I found these last time I was here and Dad and I shared them.  But I didn't have any to take back to Rich, so I got another bag.

They aren't bad.  They are very much what they say.  You get all those flavors together.  It is very different. 

I haven't found them in Cambodia yet; only in Thailand.

We love you all!  Thank you so much for your prayers, love and support for over 15 years now.  You are truly a great blessing to us.

Stay strong in the Lord.

Ronda
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!