School in Cambodia

My language school teacher thought it would be a good idea to go to a school and listen and watch. So, I went to the school by the temple close to our house. This is a 3rd grade classroom. The students here go either in the morning or the afternoon.
I got there at a recess time. The last picture is of some of the girls playing a game.
After recess, they all line up (2nd picture) and then walk back into the room at which time they stand and recite something(I didn't understand it). That is when I took
this first picture. After I took the picture, the teacher instructed all of them to tuck their shirts back in. It is a rule here, just like the uniform, that the shirts be tucked in, so after playing, it has to be done again.
One thing I noticed...kids are kids everywhere. In this class, all of the girls were on the front 3 rows with a few boys mixed in. Then a couple rows of boys and the back were boys that really still wanted to be out playing and did more drawing pictures that working on math.
I'll put a couple more pictures of the school on the next blog.
Love, Ronda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!