More school pictures

This first picture is the inside of the classroom. The students are working in groups on a story problem. (Is no child safe from horrid story problems??)
The next pictures is a game some of the boys are playing during recess.
Then the last picture is one side of the school. There are building just like these that are on the other side. The teacher I talked to told me that there are about 2,000 students at this elementary school; half in the morning and half in the afternoons.
A couple of the kids in this 3rd grade classroom could speak a few words in English. When I asked, they told me
that they go to another school to learn English.
I really just wanted to watch and see what they did, but when you are the only white person around, you are rather obvious.
Maybe I'll go back another time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!