Some of the 'boys' at dinner when the Carmen's were here. They are always thankful for a meal since they take turns cooking. They cook a week at a time. I have been told, by one of them, that when they first become students, some aren't very good cooks. But they learn.


We are in Level II of language school. Our teacher is making us do dictations and a lot more homework; which is really good for us. He also speaks only khmer and we have to figure it out. I sometimes wonder what it is like to be a teacher and have a room of people looking at you totally clueless! We are also doing a lot more conversation.


Also above is a close up picture of some of the lobsters we ate at the beach. They are somewhere between a lobster (like you are thinking) and a prawn. Very very good! This lady carries this loaded platter around on her head! I imagine that it is pretty heavy.

We are just humming along doing our daily stuff. We think of you all often and pray for you. Continue to pray that we will use God's wisdom in all we do. Much love, Ronda

Comments

wildcat said…
Rich, Ronda & Rebekah,
Those lobsters look small but I imagine they are great to eat. Keep on keeping on! We continue to think and pray for you and the work there as we continually ask that you pray for us and the work here. Bob and Carol Arledge

P.S. The York College Concert Choir is going to put on a performance tonight. Wish you could be here. I am sure it will be tremendous! We got our reminder call this morning at 7.
Lynnda said…
I'm not too sure about the lobsters. I'm not very risky when it comes to food. :)

I love the idea of the men taking turns cooking for each other. I could see how that could be very community building.

The York choir last night WAS wonderful!

Praying for you!!
Julie said…
You are doing a great job! I love the pictures and letters. They are excellent! Love, Julie

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!