For us, it was just a regular week. Rich has one more week before he starts teaching again, so he is doing 2 hours/day at language school until then. Nothing really to say. Just a couple pictures of things here. I love Asia! I love the tropics! I love being warm! And I love you all! Ronda
Such a beautiful and interesting place.... and tropical is sounding pretty good right now. I have decided I am just not a cold weather person. We miss you guys and think of you a lot. Take care and God Bless!!
As is my custom it seems, I once again am behind on blogging. In my last blog, I talked about Simeon and Roseann being our guests for a week. After they left, we headed for the 10th annual country-wide Church Camp. This is a picture of our entire group. Our theme this year was "What every Christian should know about sex". As the bulk of the Christians in Cambodia are between 18-30, and as most are new Christians, this topic was selected as it is important for them to understand what the Bible teaches. Steve Holladay came to be the keynote speaker. His son, Griffin, as well as Robert Ables and Kyle Gilmore, from Whites Ferry Road in West Monroe, LA, also came. We enjoyed being able to meet them and visit with them for a few days. Honestly, I was a little concerned about the topic, especially with a speaker from the US, since the culture and the background of the people here is quite a bit different. But Steve did a g...
May 1st and 2nd, Rich and I traveled to Singapore to do a marriage seminar for the Lavendar Church of Christ. The Lavendar congregation supports several of our graduates in the village who are preaching. They told us that there hasn't been a seminar like this before in Singapore. But they also wanted the group to be small, so they limited it to couples with children 12 years old or less. As May 1st was a holiday, one of the other congregations had a Men's Retreat, so that took out couples from their congregation. We taught on the Bible passages as well as Biblical examples. Then we also talked about communication, conflict and the importance of knowing the needs of your spouse. We had lecture time, split men and women's sessions, and then a couple of times, we had each couple meet together to talk. We didn't have very many (some were hesitant because they had never heard of this), but we received good feedback. And, since we we...
On Valentines Day, some of the couples from the Capitol Church of Christ took a trip to Sray Ambel. We had a wonderful devotional and day of fellowship and fun. They grilled seafood for lunch that was delicious. Basically we had a great time together, enjoying the beauty of God's creation at the sea, not to mention enjoying being out of the concrete and busyness of the city. The weather was great. The ocean is always refreshing! A wonderful day with our Christian brothers and sisters. Just some sights around town. On March 2nd, I was walking to the post office to mail birthday postcards and this group came down the street. The police even blocked off traffic for them. There were probably 6-7 trucks as well as people walking beside. It is part of the Chinese New Year. Rich saw some more yesterday even. There are 3 New Years celebrated here: January 1st for International New Years; Chinese New Year, that is based on the Lunar calendar so changes, ...
Comments
I have decided I am just not a cold weather person.
We miss you guys and think of you a lot.
Take care and God Bless!!