So sorry I have been so long!

We have been so busy and had so much fun. As you know, Rebekah left on May 21st; the 2nd picture is her and some of the girls here. Then we took the boys to Siem Reap. The other 2 pictures are of that trip. It was great to have all my kids at home.
Then on May 27th, the Aggies for Christ group came in. I'll share pictures of them later. It was good to meet them and the khmers loved them being here as well. It was especially great to see Robert Brown, one of our kids from Broken Arrow among the group.
The khmers fixed dinner for them on the 27th and then I fixed dinner for everyone (about 40

people) on Wed and Thursday evening. Our landlord gave them his personal story of living through the Khmer Rouge era and the terribleness of that time. Friday, the Aggies attended chapel with our students while we took Jason and Reuben to the airport. We hated to see them leave. Then , I took the Aggies to Toul Sleng, the high school that the Khmer Rouge converted into their torture prison. After that, there was a little shopping to be done! Sadly at 2pm, we took them to the airport for their continued trip to Thailand.
Now that things have calmed down, I will try to be better at blogging and will put on additional of
past few weeks. Much love to all! Ronda

Comments

MLee said…
Hey!! I really love getting to see and read your blogs. It is so nice to see the pics of your family together again.
Got to have a nice talk with your precious daughter last week. It's nice to have the kids here when they can be.
Amy Askew said…
Ronda - a few weeks ago I saw this documentary a film student did on her family and them surviving the khmer rouge on PBS. I just happend across it. It was really interesting, and sad. I had never heard of the khmer rouge. It was also interesting to learn a little more about the place you now call home. Much love. Amy

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!