High School Summer Break & Cell Phones

Dear Friends:

We had to detour around one of the high schools by our house today. They blocked off streets on three sides of the school and had the military police out. Why, you ask? I asked also and found out it's because today is the last day of school. Yes, if you were in high school here you would just now be on summer break. And, that's not all. Tomorrow and the next day are tests. You have to pass the tests to graduate and/or move to the next grade. I thought all of you who might be moaning the end of summer would appreciate that.

Next, cell phones. I got to noticing that my text messages were not being sent. So, with typical Dolan ingenuity, I went into "Repair Man" mode to find out why. Bottom line, when I was done the cell phone would not even come on. This morning I took it to the cell phone store. The man found a metal prong that had broken off. In America, they would have told me to throw the phone away and get another. In Cambodia, the man said he could repair it. He took the phone apart, got out his soldering iron and had it working again in about 20 mintues. The repair bill?

$3 How's that grab you?

rich

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!