One Year Anniversary or Wow, Have They Been Gone That Long?

You may not remember, but we do; Ronda, Rebekah and I arrived in Cambodia on August 23rd one year ago. Time has flown by. Rebekah is now at A&M sharpening her already sharp mind. One year brings a lot of changes.

We're making progress learning Khmer. At least it doesn't all look like squiggly lines. Occasionally I will slip a word or phrase of Khmer in while I'm teaching in the school or at church. You should see the people perk up. Mostly, to laugh at my pronunciation. Let's see, me looking like a fool in front of a lot of people. It happens whether I'm in the US, Cambodia, Ukraine or where ever. I'm not sure what the common denominator in all that is. Not all things change.

Ronda is amazing in her tenacity in learning the language. Her sister Julie moved here August 8th. Wednesday, we pick up Dennis and Sharon Welch at the airport. They are moving here also. One year brings a lot of changes.

We have 4 new students at the school and may have one more soon. The current students have really grown in their bible knowledge and more importantly, in their walk with God. One year brings a lot of changes.

We still think of you often and pray for you. Not all things change.
Rich

Comments

aggie 12 said…
I love it here, but I miss Cambodia and everyone there a lot!
Unknown said…
congrats on your 1 year anniversary! Time flys!

Heather and Ryan

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!