The Market

 Usually I tell you about Rich and the work going on here with the school, students, etc.  And that's what you really need to know about.  But I thought I would give you a little glimpse of one of my things - going to the market.  This is a neighborhood market and so a couple times a week, I walk there after chapel and buy vegetables and fruit that I need.  The picture above is of the lady that I buy from.  When we first came, I went to different booths and bought from different people.  But somewhere along the line, I settled here.  She has 3 children and her sister and mother also sell vegetables here.
These are lotus flowers.  I hope you can tell that they all are the green bulbs.  Then they pull down a piece of the green covering at a time, fold the strips back and you get the pink and white flowers, depending on which one they are.  I wish the picture was better, but the market is very crowded and I was in the way.  Since the Khmers on the whole don't have refrigerators, they go to the market each day and buy food for that day.  I, on the other hand, are spoiled and do have a refrigerator, so I only go once or twice a week.  Come visit and I'll take you through the market with me.
Love , Ronda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!