I am typing on MY computer!!

I finally have my computer!!! I am so excited! We got it yesterday while Rebekah and I were on the way to her dentist appointment (on the back of a motorbike, of course), so we carried it CAREFULLY all over town. And I was grateful to be able to do it!
Rebekah had to get dental x-rays so the dentist told us that one of her staff would take Rebekah to the dental school since that is the only place with the xray machine. The girl got her helmet on, gave Rebekah a helmet, and off they went on her motorbike. We were thinking, "that certainly would never happen in the US!"
I wanted to add some pictures, but it isn't cooperating with me, so maybe next time. We did get our electric bill for half of September...it was 488,800 riel!!! That is about $122, but it seems like an awful lot in riel! And you have to pay the electric bill in riel so I had to go to the bank and exchange $$ for riel. I decided to get $150 in riel; I got back a stack of money (the largest denomination is $10,000) of 610,700 riel. So, if you want to think that you have a lot of money, just exchange it for riel; it doesn't go far, but it looks like a lot!
For Randall's birthday, we had peanut butter and honey sandwiches and brownies! We thoroughly enjoyed it!
Let us hear from you and how you are doing. Talk to you later! Love ya!

Comments

wildcat said…
Glad you finally got your computer!!! Does Rebekah have her own or does she use her parent's computer? That must have been an exciting experience for Rebekah to ride on the back of the motor bike to go to the dental school to get her x-rays. Your right, that would not have happened in the U.S. It might be nice sometime to let Rebekah write on the blog of her experiences or does she have her own blog?

Keep the blog coming! We certainly do enjoy it. Love, Bob and Carol
Jen Neilson said…
I love you and I miss you both!

Jealous of you both!

Love,
Jen
Terry and Dawn said…
You are so excited to be typing on your own computer and ours has been collecting dust! How different worlds apart can make. We miss you guys so much but know you are doing the Lord's work and are called to this ministry. We think and pray for your family everyday. Hopefully someday we can plan a trip to "Camp Bodia". In Him Always, Terry and Dawn

Popular posts from this blog

Loren Hollingsworth

Our 40th anniversary trip

16 years!!!